• The article explores the advantages of using HTML for web development.
• It outlines the ways in which HTML can simplify web development, such as faster loading times and increased accessibility.
• Additionally, it discusses various tools available to help developers create more accessible websites.
What is HTML?
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a markup language used for creating and formatting websites. It provides structure and content to a website, allowing developers to quickly assemble complex documents with minimal coding. As the foundation of all webpages, HTML is essential for any modern website developer.
Benefits of HTML
Tools For Developing Accessible Websites
Creating an accessible website requires careful consideration of all aspects of design from colors to navigation styles and more. Fortunately there are a number of tools available that make this process easier for developers, such as WAVE (Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool) which can be used to check the accessibility of a webpage by analyzing its code against WCAG 2 guidelines (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines). Other helpful tools include Color Contrast Checker which can be used to ensure adequate contrast between background and text colors; VoiceOver Simulator which allows developers to test their pages on different screen readers; and NoCoffee Vision Simulator which simulates what a page might look like at different levels of visual impairment.
• Using HTML offers several advantages when developing websites including faster loading times and increased accessibility across devices/platforms
• There are various tools available that help developers create more accessible websites
• With careful consideration of design elements such as colors and navigation styles combined with these helpful tools, everyone should be able to access your website regardless of any disabilities they may have